Cell biology, Genetics and Nanotechnology
"1. Project title: Polymeric curcumin sponge: anapproach of curcumin delivery for streptozetocine induced diabetic rat for dermal wound healing, DST SERB (completed).
2. Project title: Nanomedicinal triple therapy with gemcitabine, hedgehog inhibitor and immune- stimulant: A therapeutic boon for pancreatic cancer, DST WOSA (completed).
3. Project title: A comparative study of various topical formulations of curcumin
towards diabetic wound healing in a rat model UGC(FRPS) (Approved in year 2019)."
Course coordinator (Biology)
Awards & Honours
1. DST SERB Fast track scientist ( 2012).
2. DST WOS A (2015).
3. UGC (FRPS) (2019).
3. Technology transfer and commercialisation of patent US 9271934 B2.
4. International travel grant from CSIR South Africa (2011.)
5. International travel grant from DST India (2012).
Controlled Release Society (CRS), Microbiology society India
Controlled Release Society (CRS), Microbiology society India, Biological science
1. Mohanty, C & Pradhan J . (2020). A human epidermal growth factor-curcumin bandage bioconjugate loaded with mesenchymal stem cell for in vivo diabetic wound healing. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2(14) 111 (Impact factor: 5.08).
2. Pradhan J, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK. (2019) Protective efficacy of crocetin and its nanoformulation against cyclosporine A-mediated toxicity in human embryonic kidney cells. Life Sci., 3(5) 39 (Impact factor: 3.5).
3. Mohanty, C (2017) Improvement of Cancer Therapy by Nanotechnology. Virology & Immunology Journal. 1 (3 )15 (Impact factor: 1.7).
4. Mohanty, C. & Sahoo, SK. (2017). Curcumin and its topical formulations for wound healing applications. Drug Discov Today. 22(10), 1582 (Impact factor: 6.8).
5. Mohanty, C, (2018) Therapeutic Applications of Vaccine Nanoformulations, Virology & Immunology Journal, 2(5) 22 (Impact factor: 1.7).
6. Mohanty, C., Kundu, P. & Sahoo, SK. (2015) Brain Targeting of siRNA via Intranasal Pathway. Curr Pharm Des. 21(31), 4606 (Impact factor: 2.5).
7. Mohanty, C., Das, M. & Sahoo, SK. (2012) Sustained wound healing activity of curcumin loaded oleic acid based polymeric bandage in a rat model: Mol Pharm. 9(10), 2801 (Impact factor: 4.5).
8. Mohanty, C., Das, M. & Sahoo, SK. (2012) Emerging role of nanocarriers to increase the solubility and bioavailability of curcumin. Expert Opinion in Drug Delivery. 9(11), 1347 (Impact factor: 5.01).
9. Mitra M, Mohanty C, Harilal A, Maheswari UK, Sahoo SK and Krishnakumar S. (2012) A novel in vitro 3D retinoblastoma model for evaluating chemotherapeutic drugs. Molecular Vision. 4 (12) 24 (Impact factor: 2.44).
10. Mohanty, C., Das, M. Kanwar, JR. & Sahoo, SK. (2011) Receptor mediated tumor targeting: An emerging approach for cancer therapy, Curr Drug Deliv. 8(1),45 (Impact factor: 1.7).
11. Mohanty, C., & Sahoo, SK. (2010) The in vitro stability and in vivo pharmacokinetics of curcumin prepared as an aqueous nanoparticulate formulation. Biomaterials. 31(25), 6597 (Impact factor: 10.3).
12. Mohanty C., Acharya, S. Mohanty, AK. Dilnawaz, F. & Sahoo, SK. (2010) Curcumin encapsulated MePEG/ PCL block copolymeric micelles: A novel controlled delivery vehicle for cancer therapy. Nanomedicine. 5(3), 433 (Impact factor: 4.7).
13. Parhi P, Mohanty C & Sahoo S.K (2012) Nanotechnology based combinational drug delivery: An emerging approach for cancer therapy. Drug discovery today. 17 (18), 1044(Impact factor: 6.8).
14. Dilnawaz F., Singh, A. Mohanty, C. & Sahoo, SK. (2010) Targeted dual drug loaded superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for cancer therapy. Biomaterials. 8(31), 3694 (Impact factor: 10.3).
15. Mohanty A K, Dilnaaz F, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK. (2009) Etoposide-loaded biodegradable amphiphilic methoxy (poly ethylene glycol) and poly (epsilon caprolactone) copolymeric micelles as drug delivery vehicle for cancer therapy. Drug Delivery. 7(8) 1071 (Impact factor: 3.09).
16. Behera T, Nanda PK, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK.(2012) Parenteral immunization of fish, Labeo rohita with Poly D, L-lactide-co-glycolic acid (PLGA) encapsulated antigen microparticles promotes innate and adaptive immune responses. Fish and Shellfish Immunology., Fish and Shellfish Immunology. 4(28) 42 (Impact factor: 3.8).
17. Das M, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK,(2009) Ligand-based targeted therapy for cancer tissue, Expert Opinion in Drug Delivery.9(6) 31 (Impact factor: 5.5).
18. Singh A, Mishra R, Mohanty C and Sahoo S.K (2009) Application of Nanotechnolgogy in Vaccine Delivery, International Journal of Green nanotechnology”, Biomedicine 3 (5) 63 (Impact factor: 0.31).
19. Mohanty C, Arya G, Verma R S and Sahoo S K(2009) Nanobiotechnology: Application of Nanotechnology in Therapeutics and Diagnosis, , International Journal of Green Nanotechnology: Biomedicine. 6(4) 53 (Impact factor: 0.31).
20. Mohanty C, Verma G P (2000) Electron microscopic studies on the development of zonaradiata (chorion) in a teleost Oreochromis mossambica., Cytobios. 8(9)74 (Impact factor: 3.35).
21. Mohanty C, Verma G P (1999) Ultrastructure of vitellogenic ovarian follicle of a control Phosphamidon exposed freshwater teleost, Oreochromis mossambica (Peters). PROC. NAT. ACAD. SCI.India, 6(3)78) (Impact factor: 0.39).
22. Mohanty C, Verma G P (1999) Mitochondriogenesis in young oocyte Oreochromis mossambica (peters). National Academy of Science Letter's 3(2) 74, (Impact factor: 0.24).
National and International Patents:
1. Chandana Mohanty and Sahoo SK: A novel water soluble curcumin loaded nanoparticulate system for cancer therapy. Indian Patent Application No 164/KOL/2010 of 22/2/2010, US patent no. US 9271934 B2, European patent No. EP2432460A1, EP2432460A4, EP2432460B1.
2. Chandana Mohanty and Sahoo SK: A process for preparing curcumin encapsulated chitosan-Alginate sponge useful for wound healing. Indian Patent Application No 1189/KOL/2010 of 27/10/2010, US patent no. 20130171215A1 International PCT Application No. PCT/IN2010/000813 Dt.14.1.2011, Australian patent No. AU2010363250, European patent No. EP2632447B1, EP2632447A1.
3. Chandana Mohanty Parhi P and Sahoo SK: Drug delivery formulation of rapamycin in the form of polymeric nanoparticles. Indian Patent Application No-38/KOL/2011.
4. Chandana Mohanty and Sahoo SK: A Process of producing Amphotericine B loaded GMO nanoparticle. Indian Patent Application No 914/KOL/2011 of 06-07-2011.