Ph.D (2006): IIT Madras, Chennai, India
Spectroscopy, Materials Sciences
"1. DST-SERB, Govt. of India (SB/S2/CMP/059/2013): Synthesis and Characterization of co-doped BiFeO3 Multiferroic nanocrystals
2. NALCO, Bhubaneswar, Government of India , New Delhi (NBC/R&D/49): Fabrication and commercialization of a highly porous pervious concrete material from fly ash"
1. Coordinator, Department of Physics, SAS., 2. Dy. Superintended, Boys Hostel (1st year)
Awards & Honours
• Best Poster Award at ISCA Bhubaneswar Chapter 2016.
• Best Paper Award at ICSTEM-2016, Bangkok, Thailand
• Best poster Award at RAIMS-2014.
• Best Poster Award at Odisha Bigyan Congress 2014 & 2013.
• Excellent Poster Award at The 7th Asian Meeting on Ferroelectricity and Electroceramics (AMF-AMEC-2010) 2010
• Best Poster Award at The Korean Ceramic Society 2009 Fall Conference 2009.
• Best Poster Award at Korean Institute of Metals and Materials, Fall Conf. 2007.
• Brain Korea (BK21) Fellowship 2012 & 2006-2011
1. Life member, Orissa Chemical Society, Odisha, India,
2. Life member, The Indian Science Congress Associations, India
Art of Giving, Education for all, Guest Lectures, Invited Speaker, Conference Presentations (International and National), Reviewer (International Journals), Examiner (Thesis, Practicals) etc.
1. Pani, T. K., Sundaray, B., Sahoo, G., & Rout, D. (2020). Influence of barium doping on structural and magnetic properties of bismuth ferrite thin films via spray pyrolysis method. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics.(online).
2. Praharaj, S., & Rout, D. (2020). Estimation of relaxor behavior in Sr 2+ doped Na 0.5 Bi 0.5 TiO 3 ceramics. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 31 (2020) 5554.
3. Puhan, A., Bhushan, B., Satpathy, S., Meena, S. S., Nayak, A. K., & Rout, D. (2019). Facile single phase synthesis of Sr, Co co-doped BiFeO3 nanoparticles for boosting photocatalytic and magnetic properties. Applied Surface Science, 493 (2019) 593.
4. Puhan, A., Nayak, A. K., Bhushan, B., Praharaj, S., Meena, S. S., & Rout, D. (2019). Enhanced electrical, magnetic and optical behaviour of Cr doped Bi0.98Ho0.02FeO3 nanoparticles. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 796 (2019) 229.
5. Praharaj, S., & Rout, D. (2019). Electrical conductivity and modulus study of 0.76Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3-0.2SrTiO3-0.04BaTiO3 ceramic: A near morphotropic phase boundary composition. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, 127 (2019) 52.
6. Puhan, A., Bhushan, B., Kumar, V., Panda, H. S., Priyam, A., Das, D., & Rout, D. (2019). Tailoring the structural, optical and magnetic properties of BiFeO3 multiferroic nanoparticles by Ba, Cr co-doping. Materials Science and Engineering: B, 241 (2019) 48-54.
7. Praharaj, S., Subramanian, V., Kang, S. J., & Rout, D. (2018). Origin of relaxor behavior in 0.78(Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3-0.2SrTiO3-0.02BaTiO3 ceramic: An electrical modulus study. Materials Research Bulletin, 106 (2018) 459.
8. Gantayat, S., Sarkar, N., Prusty, G., Rout, D., & Swain, S. K. (2018). Designing of epoxy matrix by chemically modified multiwalled carbon nanotubes. Advances in Polymer Technology, 37(2018) 176.
9. Gantayat, S., Rout, D., & Swain, S. K. (2018). Carbon nanomaterial–reinforced epoxy composites: a review. Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 57(2018) 1-16.
10. Praharaj, S., Rout, D., Anwar, S., & Subramanian, V. (2017). Polar nano regions in lead free (Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3-SrTiO3-BaTiO3 relaxors: An impedance spectroscopic study. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 706 (2017) 502.
11. Gantayat, S., Sarkar, N., Rout, D., & Swain, S. K. (2017). Design of carbon nanofiber embedded conducting epoxy resin. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 186 (2017) 29.
12. Praharaj, S., Rout, D., Kang, S. J., & Kim, I. W. (2016). Large electric field induced strain in a new lead-free ternary Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3-SrTiO3-BaTiO3 solid solution. Materials Letters, 184 (2016) 197.
13. Praharaj, S., Rout, D., Subramanian, V., & Kang, S. J. (2016). Study of relaxor behavior in a lead-free (Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3-SrTiO3-BaTiO3 ternary solid solution system. Ceramics International, 42(2016) 12663.
14. Gantayat, S., Prusty, G., Rout, D. R., & Swain, S. K. (2015). Expanded graphite as a filler for epoxy matrix composites to improve their thermal, mechanical and electrical properties. New Carbon Materials, 30(2015) 432.
15. Rout, D., Moon, K. S., Park, J., & Kang, S. J. L. (2013). High-temperature X-ray diffraction and Raman scattering studies of Ba-doped (Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3 Pb-free piezoceramics. Current Applied Physics, 13(2013) 1988.
"1. Nayak, R. K., Ray, B. C., Rout, D., & Mahato, K. K. (2020). Hydrothermal Behavior of Fiber-and Nanomaterial-Reinforced Polymer Composites. CRC Press. Taylor & Francis Group. LLC.
2. Kar, B., & Rout, D. (2015). Nanoclays: Synthesis, Properties and Applications. Polymer Nanocomposites Based on Inorganic and Organic Nanomaterials, Chapter -6, 195-214. Wiley Scrivener Publishing LLC."