Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, High-Pressure Physics, Raman Scattering, Synchrotron X-ray Diffraction
Core Committe Member- Central Reserach Facility
Awards & Honours
Postdoctoral Researcher Award for an European Research Council project from Institut Galilée, Université Paris Nord, Paris (2017) [Did not join]
French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) Postdoctoral Award (2012)
Visiting Scientist position from Birck Nanotechnology Centre, Purdue University, USA (2010) (Did not join)
US Department of Energy Postdoctoral Award (2010).
International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy Travel Grant (2008)
Institute for Complex Adaptive Matter (I2CAM), USA Travel award (2009)
Qualified in All India Joint Entrance screening Test (JEST-2003) for Junior Research Fellowship (2003) , All India Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE - 2003), National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET – LS 2003), All India PhD entrance tests conducted by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR, Mumbai 2003), All India PhD entrance tests conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore 2003), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) entrance test 2003.
Top 10 Recent Publications
1. ''The effect of Sn intercalation on the superconducting properties of 2HNbSe2'', S Naik, GK Pradhan, SG Bhat, BC Behera, PSA Kumar, SL Samal , Physica C: Superconductivity and its Applications 561, 18-23 (2019).
2. “Enhanced ultraviolet emission from self-assembled ZnO nanorods grown on graphene”, S. K. Das, Gopal K. Pradhan, Avanendra Singh, P. K. Sahoo and Satyaprakash Sahoo,Journal of Applied Physics 124, 235302 (2018)[Feature Article], ZnO grown on graphene gives off greater ultraviolet emission. [AIP Scilight].
3. “Band gap engineering in SnO2 by Pb doping”, S.N. Sarangi, Gopal K. Pradhan and D. samal Journal of Alloys & Compound 762, 16 (2018)
3. “Melting of MORB at the core-mantle boundary”, Gopal K. Pradhan, Guillaume Fiquet, Julien Siebert, Anne-Line Auzende, Guillaume Morard and, Daniele Antonangeli and Gaston Garbarino Earth & Planetary Science Letters 431 , 247 (2015)
4. “Near-forward/high-pressure-backward Raman study of Zn1-xBexSe (x~0.5) – Evidence for percolation behavior of the long (Zn-Se) bond”, H. Dicko, O. Pagès, R. Hajj Hussein, Gopal K. Pradhan, C. Narayana, F. Firszt, A. Marasek, W. Paszkowicz, A. Maillard, L. Broch and F. El Hajj Hassan Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, 47, 357 (2016)
5. “Raman signatures of pressure induced electronic topological and structural transitions in Bi2Te3”, Gopal K. Pradhan, Achintya Bera, Pradeep Kumar, D.V.S. Muthu, and A.K. Sood, Solid State Communications 152,284 (2012)
6. “Pressure-induced phonon-freezing in the Zn1-xBexSe alloy: A study via the percolation model”,Gopal K. Pradhan, Chandrabhas Narayana, O. Pagès, A. Breidi, J. Souhabi, A.V. Postnikov, F. El Haj Hassan, Sudip K. Deb, F. Firszt, W. Paszkowicz, A. Shukla, Physical Review B 81, 115207 (2010)
7. “Elastic and structural instability of cubic Sn3N4 and C3N4 under pressure”,Gopal K. Pradhan, Anil Kumar, Umesh V. Waghmare, Sudip K. Deb and Chandrabhas Narayana, Physical Review B 82, 144112 (2010)
8. “High-Temperature Phase Transition Studies in a Novel Fast Ion Conductor, Na2Cd(SO4)2, Probed by Raman Spectroscopy”, Gopal K. Pradhan, Diptikanta Swain, Tayur N. Guru Row and Chandrabhas Narayana, J. Phys. Chem. A1131505 (2009)
9. “The phonon percolation scheme for alloys: Pressure dependence and extension to the whole lattice dynamics”, Gopal K. Pradhan, Chandrabhas Narayana, M.N. Rao, M. D’Astuto, S.L. Chaplot, O. Pagès, A. Breidi, J. Souhabi, A.V. Postnikov, S. K. Deb, T. Ganguli, A. Polian, G. Bhalerao, A. Shukla, F. Firszt and W. Paszkowicz, Japan. J. Appl. Phys.50, 05FE02(2011)
10. “Nanocrystalline NaNbO3 and NaTaO3: Rietveld studies, Raman spectroscopy and dielectric properties”, Vishnu Shanker, Saroj L. Samal, Gopal K. Pradhan, Chandrabhas Narayana and Ashok K. Ganguli, Solid State Sciences 11 562 (2009)