Ph.D. with 4 years 8 months postdoctoral research experience in France and Belgium.
Experimental condensed matter physics: vortex matter in superconductors and superconductor/ferromagnet hybrids, magnetism, mesoscopic physics, low temperature physics.
Instrumentation: Scanning probe microscopy, magneto-optical Imaging, transport measurements.
Project titled "'Scanning Hall probe microscopy for high resolution, large area, variable height magnetic field imaging". Sanctioned under Early Career Research (ECR) Award from SERB-DST, Govt. of India (ongoing, 2019-2022), with a total budget of Rs 41 Lakh.
1. FIC for the first-year international students from School of Applied Sciences.
2. Member, Laboratory committee (Department of Physics).
3. Member, Research - Event coordination committee (School of Applied Sciences)
Awards & Honours
1.Received Marie Curie BeIPD-COFUND Post-doctoral fellowship for pursuing research at the University of Liège, Belgium (2015-2017). Supported by the University of Liège and the EU in the context of the FP7-PEOPLE-COFUND-BeIPD project.
2.Received Post-doctoral fellowship from Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) for pursuing research at Institut Néel (CNRS/UGA), Grenoble, France (2012-2015).
3.Secured All India Rank 4 in IIT Joint Admission to M.Sc. (IIT-JAM) 2005 Examination.
4.Ranked 1st in college (Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belurmath, Howrah) and ranked overall 5th in B.Sc. Physics (Hons.) in Calcutta University in 2005.
5.Selected among top 26 students all over India in the National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE 2005) conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT).
6. chool topper in all classes including board exams in both 10th and 12th standards (C.B.S.E.). Received ‘A’ grade in all subjects in 10th standard.
Dr. Gorky Shaw has co-developed "Virtual Laboratory: Oscillations", an online portal for virtual experiments in physics, using LabVIEW. This is under a project from the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), India, whose PI is Prof. Satyajit Banerjee. (Other developers are Pabitra Mandal and Prof. Satyajit Banerjee). The portal is hosted at: http://iitk.ac.in/oscillations/.
1. Shaw, G., Kramer, R. B. G., Dempsey, N. M., and Hasselbach, K. (2016). A scanning Hall probe microscope for high resolution, large area, variable height magnetic field imaging. Review of Scientific Instruments, 87(11):113702.
2. Shaw, G., Mandal, P., Banerjee, S. S., Niazi, A., Rastogi, A. K., Sood, A. K., Ramakrishnan, S., and Grover, A. K. (2012). Critical behavior at depinning of driven disordered vortex matter in 2H-NbS2. Physical Review B, 85(17).
3. Shaw, G., Brisbois, J., Pinheiro, L. B. G. L., Mu¨ller, J., Alvarez, S. B., Devillers, T., Dempsey, N. M., Scheerder, J. E., de Vondel, J. V., Melinte, S., Vanderbemden, P., Motta, M., Ortiz, W. A., Hasselbach, K., Kramer, R. B. G., and Silhanek, A. V. (2018). Quantitative magneto-optical investigation of superconductor/ferromagnet hybrid structures. Review of Scientific Instruments, 89(2):023705.
4. Shaw, G., Bag, B., Banerjee, S. S., Suderow, H., and Tamegai, T. (2012). Generating strong magnetic flux shielding regions in a single crystal of bi2sr2cacu2o8using a blind hole array. Superconductor Science and Technology, 25(9):095016.
5. Shaw, G., Mandal, P., Banerjee, S. S., and Tamegai, T. (2012). Visualizing a dilute vortex liquid to solid phase transition in a Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8 single crystal. New Journal of Physics, 14(8):083042.
6. Dempsey, N. M., Roy, D. L., Marelli-Mathevon, H., Shaw, G., Dias, A., Kramer, R. B. G., Cuong, L. V., Kustov, M., Zanini, L. F., Villard, C., Hasselbach, K., Tomba, C., and Dumas-Bouchiat, F. (2014). Micro-magnetic imprinting of high field gradient magnetic flux sources. Applied Physics Letters, 104(26):262401.
7. Mitrossilis, D., R¨oper, J.-C., Roy, D. L., Driquez, B., Michel, A., M´enager, C., Shaw, G., Denmat, S. L., Ranno, L., Dumas-Bouchiat, F., Dempsey, N. M., and Farge, E. (2017). Mechanotransductive cascade of myo-II-dependent mesoderm and endoderm invaginations in embryo gastrulation. Nature Communications, 8:13883.
8. Brisbois, J., Motta, M., Avila, J. I., Shaw, G., Devillers, T., Dempsey, N. M., Veerapandian, S. K. P., Colson, P., Vanderheyden, B., Vanderbemden, P., Ortiz, W. A., Nguyen, N. D., Kramer, R. B. G., and Silhanek, A. V. (2016). Imprinting superconducting vortex footsteps in a magnetic layer. Scientific Reports, 6(1).
9. Shaw, G., Banerjee, S. S., Tamegai, T., and Suderow, H. (2016). Metastable inhomogeneous vortex configuration with non-uniform filling fraction inside a blind hole array patterned in a BSCCO single crystal and concentrating magnetic flux inside it. Superconductor Science and Technology, 29(6):065021.
10. Roy, D. L., Shaw, G., Haettel, R., Hasselbach, K., Dumas-Bouchiat, F., Givord, D., and Dempsey, N. M. (2016). Fabrication and characterization of polymer membranes with integrated arrays of high performance micro-magnets. Materials Today Communications, 6:50–55.