About School of Applied Science
School of Applied Sciences was established in the year 2009 by strengthening the then Department of Basic Sciences formed since 1997. Currently, consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Departments, the School offers different courses to most of the UG and PG programmes in Engineering, Law, Biotechnology, Film and media sciences. In addition, the School has vibrant Ph D programs in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with about a hundred existing doctoral students and forty students have been awarded Ph D, till date. With thirty sponsored research projects from various funding agencies, sixty faculty members are working on cutting edge research projects. Many National and International events are organized by the School regularly and interactions between different stakeholders are continuously happening in the campus.
- To create an advanced centre of professional learning of international standing where pursuit of knowledge and excellence shall reign supreme, unfettered by the barriers of nationality, language, cultural plurality and religion.
- Imparting Quality Technical & Professional Education of International Standards and imbibing the skill for solving real life problem
- Inculcating global perspective in attitude.
- Creating leadership qualities with futuristic vision.
- Fostering spirit of entrepreneurship and realisation of societal responsibilities.
Cultivating adaptation of ethics, morality and healthy practices in professional life.
- Instilling habit of continual learning.
Encouraging and supporting creative abilities and research temperament.
- Bringing about total personality development and creating conscientious and responsible world citizens.